People in Action Art Topic
In Year 6, we have been doing a topic on ‘People in Action’ in our art and ICT lessons. As part of this topic, we created stop frame animations using a program called ‘Pivot’. We learned lots of different animation techniques, then story boarded and produced a short animation. We came up with a success criteria and used this to evaluate how effective our animations are.
Watch our animations below!!!
We aimed to:
– create our own unique and effective characters,
– select a suitable background/setting which suited the characters and plot,
– make the plot clear to the viewer,
– use colours which made our characters stand out,
– ensure that the characters interacted with the background and setting e.g. walk over a rock, not through it,
– create smooth movements which involved all the necessary body parts,
– include animated text e.g. a title or credits.